Are you looking for outdoor activities to do during Spring Break in Vancouver?
Our 2020 Spring Break in Vancouver is going to be special as we face challenges of not being able to convene in groups and have traditional daycamp services reduced. But with our own Provincial Health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry saying “Get Outside” we wanted to provide a comprehensive list of ways you and the family can still have an AMAZING Spring Break right here in Vancouver. After all, we do have the most amazing backyard to call home and there are plenty of ways to safely get outside and explore.
Here’s 20 ways to get outside this Spring Break:
- Campfire at Local Park
- Play in the sand at a local beach
- Pack a picnic and discover a new park
- Go on a SuperHero Scavenger Hunt
- Hike Quarry Rock
- Walk The Sea Wall
- Go mountain biking
- Hike the Chief
- Hike Minekhadda
- Paddle it up and Discover Local Blueways
- Go on a Road Trip!
- Go on a last minute camping trip
- Head up to the local Ski Hills – Kids Ski Free at Grouse!
- Tour the iconic Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Discover Deep Cove by land or sea
- Huddle up at the Drive in Theatre
- Visit the Sea to Sky Gondola – Free During Spring Break!
- Explore an easy bike path
- “Go” camping in your own backyard
- Stroll the streets in your neighbourhood
All of these activities will allow you to keep the recommended distances, all while getting the very valuable time outside with the family. Things like exposure to fresh air and sunlight, combined with the health effects of exercise and time with mother nature are good for our emotional as well as physical health during this interesting time. It’ll be a Spring Break we will never forget!