The venue was very inspiring as we were surrounded by natural light and beautiful views.
I was thrilled to take part in Ricky’s “Social Media Mastery” Conference which brought together leading experts in different social media platforms. Each presenter was given 40 minutes to educate us on what the purpose of the platform was, how to evaluate its fit for our work, and most importantly, give us tangible actions that we can put into place on site so that we can implement our learning and turn our thoughts into action right away.
Some of my favorite highlights of the day included:
– Matt Astifan’s practical presentation on how to set up your personal Facebook Profile to help convert business. Matt’s presentations are always to the point, packed with information and valuable.
– Wendy McClelland delivered expert advice on how to use LinkedIn to grow your network. I think the most important advice she offered though was to make sure that your profile was properly reflecting you and how to use key words to do that. Simple advice similar to Matt’s “Fill out your profile” and yet something we all often overlook.
– Steve Dotto’s pre-lunch presentation which helped us forget that we were hungry as he educated us on the tips and tricks of getting your videos out there as well as growing your subscriptions. Just ask he says… now that seems pretty simple to me. His high energy and passion for you tube was not only entertaining but well respected. I’d watch him again in a heartbeat.
– Cadi Jordan had a TOUGH spot after lunch as there was a bunch of movement still happening in the room however she managed the distractions and delivered an excellent presentation. Her presentation was the one I was most looking forward to as I look to grow my Instagram profile and she didn’t disappoint. I tried to catch up with her after but she was behind a line of people who wanted to meet her… I’ll find another way to connect! Oh, and she’s a Fraser Valley Girl, so that makes her extra cool in my books.
– After lunch Vincent Ng rocked the house with an upbeat, eye opening presentation about the power of Pinterest. If you weren’t on Pinterest before his presentation, I’ll bet you are now. I think my favorite part of his presentation (Other than when he made fun of people who stretch) was his passion and enthusiasm for seeing other people’s businesses grow. You can tell Vincent is genuine about seeing other people succeed.
– Speaking of extra cool valley girls, Katt Stearns had a presentation on twitter that was FANTASTIC. She could have had twice the time. It was by far one of the most engaging presentations as you could hear a pin drop as people leaned in to eat up every word of advice she was sharing.
– Finishing off with a presentation that his daughter helped him make Jonathan Christian introduced us to snapchat and tried to teach us the ins and outs of why businesses could leverage the platform. Hey, if Madonna can do it… My favorite part about his presentation was his talk about his daughter and how he wished all 200 of us could wish her a #HappyBirthdayMaddie