Photo Credit: Discover Surrey
Fall is all about Spice and the perfect time to take the family on Surrey’s new spice trail. Created in partnership with Discover Surrey and the South Asian and Multicultural Cuisine Food Scene this “Trail” includes over 30 restaurants, cafes, and retail stores that all want to showcase their spice!
“This delicious self-guided tour has been laid out over Surrey’s six neighbourhoods, including North Surrey, Fleetwood, Guildford, Newton, South Surrey, and Cloverdale. And is then further organized by ethnicity, vegetarian options, and style, such as South Asian street food.”
Highlights of the Spice Trail:
- Southern India – Kerala Kitchen: Beef Ularthiyathu (dry roast) and dosa (Indian style crepes)
- Northern India – Apna Chaat House: Golgappa and Sev puri (street snacks)
- Caribbean – Di Reggae Café: Jamaican patties and Oxtail stew
- Malaysian – Meks Delight: Thai red curry and Teh tarik (pulled tea)
- Nepalese – Spice of Nepal: Gorkha spinach chicken and Chicken momos jhol (dumplings)
- Afghani – Afghan Kitchen: Mantu (dumplings) and the lamb shank
To plan your day trip visit www.SpiceTrailSurreyBC.com for more information including an interactive map, travel-blog descriptions of each restaurant, and tips on how to get more out of your family dining experience.